
Halloween! What a week of partying we had! Samantha helped me get out all the Halloween decor and decide where they should go. She is becoming quite the little decorator. Apparently she helps Mimere do this as well! Friday morning, I volunteered at the the Bridges to help with the Halloween party. (I can't believe I ever wanted to become a pre-school teacher, yowza!) There was games, they made spider hats, and 5 little pumpkins to go along with their song. Then there was a snack. It was good to see exactly what goes on in her class all day, I don't know how Miss Dianna does this EVERY day!
Friday night redbrick had the annual Halloween party, the who office was converted into a haunted house, complete with VERY scary decor and animated battery powered creatures! Was quite scary for a 3 year old, but she wanted to go through the scary part over and over...after her initial shock! I think she like to face her fears...I am very proud of her for that!
Saturday we had dance in the morning, then rested Sat afternoon, a wonderful pumpkin carving party at Lauren's house! Donna went ALL OUT and everything looked fantastic, tasted great and the kids had a blast!
Then of course the big day itself! Halloween! It was hot...of course, but the night cooled down nicely. Ben, Erin, Megan, Paula, Sage, Mel and Ross all came over. Megan has trick or treated here her whole life, and Paula and Sage were new to the group this year! Mel and Ross came over to ooh and ahh at the costumes and hold down the candy fort while we took the kiddies around! Was a fun night! Samantha could have gone another hour I think but the 8 year olds were complaining about their feet and ready call it a night after about a hour. Uncle Ben loaded everyone up in the back of the pickup to get to the spookiest spots in the 'hood! Samantha again was a little afraid, but insisted on going up to every door, scary or not! Then she would wave good bye to the scary guys! I can't believe this was our 3rd Halloween with her, time is flying. It was a magical weekend, and one we will never forget. Life is good.
Megan the "Aggressive Cat", Sage Cleopatra and Samantha, the Lady-Bug-Princess!
Samantha's friend the skeleton!







No comments:
Post a Comment