Today, Samantha and I had a picnic, about 5 minutes from our house, in a little park down by the Mohawk River. The birds were singing, the temperature was perfect, there were sail boats, and canoe's...was really a perfect summer picnic, just me, my girl (and Daisy-Belle too!). As I watched her gather sticks and waving at sailboats, I thought, "Is this really my life now??" It all seems so unreal. Years of longing to be back east, to be in real grass, and listening to Robins, just still feels like a dream in many ways. I am hoping this feeling lasts a long time..at least through the summer!
This past weekend, was what I would call "normal" life for us. Friday, we went strawberry picking and took a little walk down by the river with Gram and Gramp!
Saturday, we hung around, did some errands, played outside, and actually got some organizing done in the house as well. Getting the family room organized and that crazy kitchen put together! Whoa...LOTof parts!
Saturday night my cousin and her husband came over for dinner and we ate in the dining room for the first time. . All in all, enough wine, it's all good and we had some laughs.
Yesterday, Father's Day, we tried out a new bagel place, eh. No so great, bagels were good, but the coffee not so much, and the service? Less than stellar we'll say. We will keep looking for our new regular bagel place! I made BBQ chicken, mac salad and Samantha and I made a cake and we packed it all and brought it to the lake. We didn't get up there until around 3pm, and it was a little cool so we never even went down to the water. It was a great afternoon though, we played ball, Daisy got to come, we had a picnic and just an all around lazy nice afternoon.
Daisy got groomed for the first time on Friday...lets just say...she is not looking so much like a Bichon these days....don't tell her, but she looks like a poodle! Oh well, at least she is cool, and hopefully will have less mats to deal with. It's hard with all the dew and swimming etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment