spring 2013

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Princess Birthday Bash!

5 years old!!  How can that be???  She is soo happy to be 5 and today started a new countdown chart to count down to when she turns 6.  Really?  I am not over 5 yet!!  All and all it was an amazing weekend.  She decided on a princess theme, and wanted everyone to dress up.  So about 4 weeks ago we started looking for a dress.  All the dresses she liked from the online sites seemed to be wedding dresses.  Could this be from her watching Say Yes To The Dress too many times with me??  Who knows, but there it is.  All the ball gown wedding dresses we found were pretty pricey to say the least.  Then in one of my middle of the night brain storm ideas I thought....Ebay! So at 2 am I get up and fine a gorgeous dress that I believe will fit the bill.  Magenta bodice with 4 layers of toul that had magenta flower peddles sown on, looking like flower peddles that fell. The best part?  It was $18!!  Needless to say I whipped out the credit card and voila!  Princess-ballgown-wedding dress! Perfect twirl factor.
We worked for 2 weeks on the decorations, and considering I am not really all that talented with the crafts...I think we did ok!  Pinterest gave me some fantastic ideas!  Including incorporating he castle with the decorations! Because we made so many the decorations, we really saved some moola!

We had 12 kids all together and although under protest...some were princess's and some were pirates!  We had 2 boys who really didn't feel up to playing the Prince Charming role...and 2 girls who weren't feeling the princess role..so they came as pirates too.  Little Miss got over it.
I worried that I didn't have enough games planned, but once the sun came out, and the kids saw the yard and the woods..we were all set!  We did play pin the horn on the unicorn, and we dug for buried treasure, which was a huge hit!







On Sunday...we had party #2!  The family!   Another good time was had by all, and Little Miss was very good, and said her please and thank you's and was gracious about all her gifts.  I was a proud Mama!   Was nice for the all the family that was able to be with her for the first time on her birthday.  I really missed my Mom and friends from AZ though...seemed weird not having them here.  Life changes!


On the day of we did cupcakes at school then miniature golf. All in all..it was a blast!  It's hard to imagine that each birthday gets better...but it does!  Mom and Dad had just as much fun as Little Miss.
Just what we dreamed of, 4 years ago...

1 comment:

Donna said...

Happy Birthday, Samantha! What an awesome weekend you guys had. Great job on the decorations...love the wreath. It's hard to believe its been a year since her last party at tiny town (or was it little town)! It looks like you guys are loving it back in NY.