spring 2013

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer 2012!!!!

What a fantastic summer it was!!  Not only was the weather amazing, it was busy busy busy!
We started the season off by spending the weekend up in the Adirondacks with our local FCC chapter.  Its a wonderful group, and we have met some really great people that I hope will be life long pals.  Little Miss has met some great friends too. Every year they do a weekend up north, and the girls from China range in age from 15 to 3. It's really neat to see them gather in the groups of friends, and form these connections of people who really "get" what its like to be adopted from China, or Korea.  We had a great time, and this we we only did 1 night, but next year...I think we will shoot for the whole weekend! 
 Traditional Chinese dinner prepared by the group, here are the girls making won tons


 Then in the first week in July our first visitors from AZ came to see us.  It was wonderful to see them, wonderful to connect again to someone from our old life.  We still miss it so much. Erin and Megan were just what the Dr. ordered for homesickness. 
We got to show them where we life, show them what the true upstate is, and show them where I grew up!  They got to see what life is like here for us, and I think finally understand the draw of why we came back.  








No comments: