spring 2013

Friday, July 15, 2011

Amazing Day

Today was the kind of Day that I moved back here for. Wow!  First of all the weather was perfect, I mean really perfect. 70's, sunny, little breeze, perfect! The New York City Ballet is in town, and my father told me that sometimes, if you go in the afternoon, you can watch them rehearse.  So Samantha and I thought we would trek over to SPAC to see A) how close we are going the back way and B) perhaps we could catch a glimpse of the Ballet rehearsal. 
Now let me set the proper scene.  SPAC is an out door performing arts center, in the woods essentially.  You cross over a bridge that goes over the this beautiful spring surrounded by forest. 

As we get near the end of the bridge, I hear classical piano playing. Sure enough as we round the corner we can see people on the stage.  There are maybe 5 other people in the audience.













Samantha and I take a seat a few rows back from the stage, and watch the NYC Ballet go through their dances for that evenings performance, in this gorgeous setting, for an hour!  She was mesmerized and so was I!  What an incredible experience, and we more or less just happened upon it! Love it!  So far, it's one of the best memories of  summer 2011! 



No comments: