spring 2013

Monday, September 24, 2012

Farm Fest and Apple Picking!

I always dreamed of living in the Country, and the city..but now it's the Country's turn.  I am loving it!  Love the deer, the turkey's, the cows, and most especially the farms in the area.  Every year this town has something called Farm Fest.  Several local farms open up and have activities and events to show off what they do and let us play. We did it last year at the farm nearby, and this year we hit a couple of them.  Great way to start off Fall I say! 







Apple picking is an upstate tradition.  I have done this every since I can remember. There are several places to go around here, and several places closer to our house to go.  This year we chose to go with tradition, and go to Hicks..well, thanks to Rachel Ray ( our resident celeb)...this place is now on the map..and..a little too touristy for our taste..but we did it this year.  First we went to a maple sugar house where they serve the best pancakes in town, and the best syrup in the area of course.  Many great photo ops...





 







No comments: