Little Miss's school is one of the last holdouts in the area for all day Kindergarten, this has troubled me from day 1. Not because I want her gone all day, or need the day care (although I did need that) but because I thought she needed all day K. So, starting in the spring, Frank and I visited private schools, we talked to teachers at her pre-school, and we researched. We decided the best thing to do was a "wrap-around" program that her preschool offered. Essentially this would be all day K..but all that busing to and from all these places concerned me. Another issue was Frank was finally supposed to be put on the day shift, which meant, we needed more than 2.5 hrs a day of coverage, if I was going to work. But in August, after being promised for a year, Frank's employer told him they need him on 2nd for another year. At first, not happy, then we realized, that we will not have to do the wrap around program, saving money. We spoke to the school, and they explained that the children in K will not be starting from scratch, those who don't know the basics will be identified, and given extra schooling so that they get up to speed. This made me feel a whole lot better about half day! In fact, it all seemed to fall in place perfectly! She actually is getting more schooling simply because she is going 5 days a week! Phew. Life is good!
And there my baby goes!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment