Home. I am tending to notice that "home" is many different places. When we lived in MA and AZ, home was NY/MA. Now that I am back on the east coast..AZ feels like home. And oh, how I miss it. Unexpected, never thought in a million years, really miss it. I miss my house, I miss my friends, I miss my job, and I just plain miss my life. I am doing better. Better than I was last year as this time. Having every night just me and Little Miss, was hard. Not normal family life. No time to connect to other adults outside of home, like I used to be able to do. No girls nights, all because it's me, single mom every night. This..and I really did have a good life! I had a job I felt good about, a place I belonged, and a life I established. It was home. I find it incredible that I am missing that home, as much as I missed this home..and thought I needed to come back so badly.
Do I regret it? No. We didn't come back so much because we missed it, as much as we wanted to raise our daughter here, in these schools, in this climate, in this culture. We enjoy it too. How much I miss, the life I had is the surprising thing.
Sooo..this summer we got to see some of our peeps. It felt like a warm glove. Seeing my mother, all helped..but now I miss it again.
Mimere and Pipere..oh and Sadee
Sunday Morning Bagels! Just like the old days!
On the dock..touch of Fall in the air.
The original scooter gang 2012...
Home is where your people are...lucky us..we have a couple of them.
1 comment:
We moved about a year ago, and it was really hard for several months. It'll get better! Hang in there.
Post a Comment